Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Halloween Decor

TODAY'S SUBJECT:  Cheap Halloween Decor

Okay..okay I admit....every year when the orange and black decor starts to arrive at the stores and I get an email telling me Spirit stores are opening soon....we have to go check them all out.  But why, oh why, is everything plastic???!!!!  It just drives me bonkers!!  Target's halloween decor stinks this year...Wally World (Wal-Mart) is lack luster as well...even Walgreens (which can have a re-purposeable item from time to time) is sucky!!  Then you have Party City, Halloween City and of course Spirit Halloween...Spirit is overly priced with items that are not very well made.   Party City has a huge selection of mainstream costumes...lots of cheap makeup but unless you're having a kids party..forget it.  The only item I purchased this year from Party City were some Halloween cards and outdoor compact florescent light bulbs.   So many items are made for Christmas which are not plastic.  I would love to find some real glass skull mugs or ceramic serving dishes with something other than "campy Halloween" theme.  Retailers could have a field day with my debit card if some quality items were actually being sold.  I have found some unique items at "New Age" shops but they are so overly-priced...I tend to stay away.  Is it just me? Am I the only one?  Any suggestions out there??  Thanks for reading my rant.  Just 13 more days!!!

2 comments:

  1. You would love Evangeline's in Old Sacramento (www.evangelines.com). They don't have an online store, but it is the coolest Halloween/costume place in Northern California!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! The only thing I found this year was a metal skeleton to hang on the wall at Big Lots and of course my Scentsy Halloween warmer/light. I totally agree though that the stuff in-store kinda sucked this year. I think retailers were thinking that people wouldn't spend much on Halloween this year due to the economy.

    Tonya

    ReplyDelete